Thursday, October 2, 2014

A quiet, rainy day.......

It's raining in my world today and I'm so grateful.  City Utilities has been replacing gas lines in our neighborhood (thank you) for the last few weeks and it's left our yards with no grass and only this fine, dry dirt that just blows around.  I've tried to water but it's been hot so it doesn't last long.  I'm certain that all those with allergies are having a terrible time.  My windows have been open so needless to say, I need to dust.
 

Judy, Jean, and I are taking off on Sunday and headed to Door County, Wisconsin, for a very relaxing few days.  We've been there several times and love it, especially in the fall.....
 
 

We're staying in Fish Creek and no, there won't be snow on the ground but we love this little grocery store which is right around the corner from our cottage.  It's fun to run in here and pick up a sandwich and a bottle of wine for dinner.  It's such a quaint, pretty little village.
 
 
It's just a beautiful area in the on Lake Michigan that makes you feel like you're on Cape Cod....
 
 
I'm pulling out the flannel shirts and sweaters since the temps are to be in the 50's.  May even take my Uggs! 
 
I love taking projects to work on.  I've never had an issue with carsickness so since Judy is driving her new Jeep, I can even sew in the car (I'm sure she'll love all the little pieces of wool and thread left behind)!!!!
 
 
Haven't decided if I'll take the laptop or not.  The camera will be with me at all times and if I pack the laptop, I'll show pictures.  If not, I'll post them when we get home.
 
Hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
 
 



1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Enjoy! It will be so beautiful there. A little cottage and a lovely little store around the corner with wine. Sounds awesome. Love those snowmen pillows. Best wishes, Tammy